Our supplier Nexira is a world leading supplier for Acacia gum. Today, their offerings extend to a broader selection of natural specialties derived from acacia gum, applicable across the food, beverage, and nutraceutical industries.
Acacia, also known as gum Arabic, is mainly cultivated in the gum Belt throughout Africa. Sustainably sourced, all-natural acacia is suitable for vegans and vegetarians, and is available in organic, FODMAP-friendly and Non-GMO Project Verified grades, as well as gluten-free and low in calories. This means it can be included on ‘clean-label’ packaging that appeals to a flourishing worldwide market of conscientious shoppers.
Nexira is a pioneer in acacia gum research, having been established in Africa for more than a century. They focus the scientific research on the nutritional benefits of acacia as a native source of soluble dietary fiber.
The benefits are:
– Low viscosity & low hygroscopicity enabling high fiber claims
– Great stability through extreme process (pH, heat, yeastfermentation) and
– Binding & compressing properties moisture regulation
– Mouthfeel and flavor release enhanced
– Excellent bulking agent to replace parts of digestiblecarbohydrates and fats
enabling therefore caloric intakereduction
– Proven prebiotic properties
– Exceptional digestive tolerance – No gastrointestinal side effects